Tuesday, August 7, 2012

APAYNE KICKS OFF THE WPT SEASON IN THE MAIN EVENT AT PARX

     This is my pregame blog about the WPT main event at Parx which starts Friday August 10th 2012. This will surely be a East coast battle Im not trying to start in poker wars but most of you know the the east coast rocks with ballers.
     As most of you already know I have thrown my hat into the poker ring since December, ($ 39,584 registered tounament earnings and $49,809 total tournament earnings I'm actually ahead of schedule. My play has been limited due to a regular job and owning a Photography business (Paynes PhotoVision) So I get it in when I can. I have said it before and I will say it again I have the utmost respect for the Pros in this game that grind it out everyday.
     I did manage to get to Parx last week for a couple of days  and I must say that Parx put on a great show, tourneys were smooth and went off without a glitch it was like it was on autopilot. So when the WPT rolls in on Friday it will be a great match, we all know what a great job there star studded crew does @VinceVanP_WPT @Bond_18 and the legendary @MikeSexton_WPT @Kimberlylansing and dont forget the @royalflushgirls
     I will be playing in the Main with the B group on Saturday and will be looking to put a big stamp on this great game. But even if the poker gods put my big plans on hold you will be hearing from me shortly. This is a highly skilled game where the % of luck seems to bite you in the butt more times than not and if it was that easy then the same players would always win but as we all know thats not the case.                                           A great mix of patience and agression added with table image and swag;)  is needed to succeed and of course picking the right spots, getting paid when you dont have it and getting max value when you do.
     So thats a wrap for now.....Stayed tuned for what will hopefully be a story book ending to this tournament.

Follow me on twitter @Anthony_1Payne for updates after every level

Antonio "Anthony" Payne........Team ProPayne

No comments:

Post a Comment